Ultrix V3.1 broken

Wilko Bulte wkb at chello.nl
Sun May 21 20:50:59 AEST 2000

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 04:10:21PM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:

Warren,

When I untar the .tgz I get files named tapeblock[0-33]
In tapeblock4 is an index of the original tape, which lists the
various files on the tape. These are numbered *1* til *34*

I think this is just an off by one thing, because there is no tapeblock34
at all.

Please check if this is the case. I don't have any PDP operational so I
cannot verify the contents of tapeblock33. But I'm pretty sure this is /usr

W/

> ----- Forwarded message from Zane H. Healy -----
>
> 	From: "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com>
>
> While investigating building a Ultrix V3.1 tape I discovered that the file
> on the archive is corrupt.
>
> 	Distributions/dec/Ultrix-3.1/ultrix-3.1-bootape.tar.gz
>
> 	File 34: The ULTRIX-11 /usr file system in dump/restor format
>
> 	Zane
> ----- End of forwarded message from Zane H. Healy -----
>
> Wilko Bulte sent that in to the PUPS Archive. Wilko, do you still have the
> tape. Can you try to read it again?!
>
> Cheers,
> 	Warren
---end quoted text---