[pups] How to arrange bootable media for 2.11BSD?

Johnny Billquist bqt at Update.UU.SE
Tue Oct 10 08:46:18 AEST 2000

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Martijn van Buul wrote:

> Ahoy!
>
> I've about given up hope to create a 2.11 boottape myself[1], so I'm wondering
> what to do next. I have this MicroPDP, with a DELQA network card, a PC
> 5.25" diskdrive shoe-horned into working as RX33 and a TK50 tape drive.
> If it helps: I've managed to get Kermit running on the PDP, but I haven't
> figured out if it is possible to "kermit" to the tapedrive directly. Probably
> not.
>
> Any hints?

Perhaps you should start by telling what you have running on the PDP-11
right now? Both software and hardware wise.

> [1] My hopes have vaporized into thin air by two "not so overly bright"
>     persons. One of them decided that the TKZ-50 drive we (the local
>     user group) had should be split into controllerboard and actual
>     drive (and stored seperately), the other one didn't recognize
>     the TKZ50 controller, couldn't figure out what it was used for, and
>     threw it away... Some people deserve to be shot.

Wow. Impressive stupidity!

	Johnny

                                  ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt at update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id PAA82929
	for pups-liszt; Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:40:22 +1100 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)