[pups] Re: 2.11BSD networking on simulator

Greg Lehey grog at lemis.com
Thu Feb 1 09:14:49 AEST 2001

Your message contained alternate long and short lines

On Wednesday, 31 January 2001 at 22:28:44 +0000, Richard Donkin wrote:
> I'm running 2.11BSD on the Supnik simulator, and wondering how to
> get it networked.  This sim seems to only support serial lines, so
> maybe I have to move over to the Begemot simulator - in which case,
> is it best to use FreeBSD or Linux as the host for the sim?  I'm
> more familiar with Linux but I have FreeBSD running now - the
> question is what's easier to set up for networking.

The Begemot emulator was written on BSD, so you'll probably find it
easier to use under FreeBSD.

> Does anyone have a working Begemot sim setup with networking, used
> with 2.11BSD?  If so, could you post your config files?  The Begemot
> sim seems a lot more complex to set up than Supnik.

*sigh* I used to, and it worked well.  A number of changes in FreeBSD
have rendered the emulator non-functional, and I haven't had time to
find out what's wrong.  I'll take a look and see if I can see anything
obvious, but it might take me a while.

Greg
--
When replying to this message, please take care not to mutilate the
original text.

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id KAA33329
	for pups-liszt; Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:31:29 +1100 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)