[pups] 2.11BSD networking on simulator

Steven M. Schultz sms at moe.2bsd.com
Sun Feb 4 16:39:28 AEST 2001

Hi -

> From: Richard Donkin <rdonkin at bigfoot.com>
> Could you let me know the FreeBSD and Begemot P11 versions you were
> using? (Anyone else who has a working combination, feel free to jump in!)

	Gosh, it was quite a while ago that I tried P11 on a FreeBSD system.
	It was pre-4.0 as I remember - perhaps 3.5 or 3.6

> Thanks very much for the config file, that should make life a lot
> easier... And

	Quite welcome!   Getting rid of the M4 macros and distilling the
	config file down to the basics makes it much easier to see what
	is going on.   Coming up with that first config file was a day
	or so of fun ;)

> thanks for all your efforts in updating 2.11BSD - very impressive to get
> a full fledged BSD system on a PDP-11!

	You're welcome - it's been a lot of fun over the years.  The past
	couple years development has slowed down, combination of too many
	other projects and not a lot of room left to stuff new features in ;)

	Steven Schultz
	sms at moe.2bsd.com