[pups] Making disk images and Ultrix-32

Bill Gunshannon bill at cs.scranton.edu
Sat Feb 17 04:47:24 AEST 2001

Two questions/observations.

The first is only tangentially on topic, but loosely related to
my recent attempts to revive Ultrix-11.  Is there anywhere that
is, or is interested in, archiving versions of Ultrix-32 for the
VAX??  I would hate to see these become as scarce as Ultrix-11
was.  We almost lost that one.  I have numerous TK50's of Ultrix-32
software some of which actually loads.

Which brings me to my next and much more on topic question.

How does one go about creating a .dsk image from a real device??
Is it just a dd of the raw device or is there some software needed
to make the move??  And on a further note, if I made a .dsk of the
RA81 I currently have Ultrix-11 running from, are there any of the
emulators that would be able to use this??  If so, I would be glad
to clean it up and send it to Warren for the archive.  (Assuming
I can use the Ultrix-32 system that shares these disks to make the
image.)

All the best.

bill

bill at cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id HAA64647
	for pups-liszt; Sat, 17 Feb 2001 07:11:02 +1100 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)