[pups] Swap device in V6?

Roger Ivie IVIE at cc.usu.edu
Tue Feb 27 03:31:41 AEST 2001

Ian King said:
> I've combed the docs and the code, and I can't find ANYthing about how =
> swap space is assigned or designated.  Does anyone have any hints?  =
> Thanks -- Ian=20

Yeah, I figured this out a while ago. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle
of changing employers so everything's in boxes at the moment.

Basically, the swap space is hard-coded into the device drivers. If you
take a look at, for example, the RK05 driver you'll see that one of the
drives is smaller than the others. That extra space is the swap space.
I forget how the rest of the system is informed of the swap space, but
it's done in the disk driver sources IIRC.

Roger Ivie
ivie at cc.usu.edu

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id EAA53322
	for pups-liszt; Tue, 27 Feb 2001 04:55:47 +1100 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)