[pups] Swap device in V6?

Ian King iking at killthewabbit.org
Mon Feb 26 17:49:22 AEST 2001

I'm working with the install image provided by Ken Wellsch, and when I execute the 'ps' command I get an error that says "no swap device".  I'm not particularly concerned about ps itself, but another symptom of problems is that I can't compile anything in C; I get an error out of cc that says "Fatal error in /lib/c0".  Given where that error comes from in cc, it appears related.

I've combed the docs and the code, and I can't find ANYthing about how swap space is assigned or designated.  Does anyone have any hints?  Thanks -- Ian