[pups] Ultrix-11 Latest News

Bill Gunshannon bill at cs.scranton.edu
Thu Jan 18 06:27:53 AEST 2001

It was pointed out to me that I was remiss in not making this
announcement here as well as on USENET.  Mea culpa, mea culpa.

-------

Ok, here it is.  An 11/23+ running Ultrix-11 3.1, available on the
Net.

telnet to 134.198.175.226
login as guest
password is ultrix11

Don't expect much.  As I said, it's only an 11/23+. It has 3M of memory
and an RA81 disk.  Things like ftp "run", but they don't "work".  Look
to be lack of buffer space, but without any documentation I have not
found out how to tune it any more than it is now.  Of course, if I ever
get an 11/73 running I could build a split I&D system which should be
considerably better.  Please don't try to crash it.  It is likely to
do that all by itself anyway and you would just keep others from trying
it out.  No, it's not running any critical applications.  If you want
to move some code over to try the compiler or something, try "gkermit".
But remember, it won;t stream and it needs real small packets.

I await any comments and  am still hoping someone will find a box of
Ultrix-11 docs sitting in a closet somewhere that I will gladly pay
to ship here.

All the best.

bill

bill at cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.