[pups] Help! Standalone DZ-11 driver

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.edu.au
Tue Jan 30 07:37:01 AEST 2001

In article by Robin Birch:
> Warren,
> Why not do this as a terminal emulator that can switch into emulating a
> tape drive by some start/stop messaging using the console device.  You
> could upload a simple bootstrap using ODT that could then read a more
> complex boot driver in.  If you use the console then that shoud be
> universal across all PDP11s.
>
> Robin

I had thought of that. I'm not sure I want to write a terminal emulator :)
I guess I should ask those people with tapeless PDP-11s.

If you had a method of booting and installing disk images over a serial
line, would you be happy with a serial line to a `tape server' separate
to your console line, or would you rather have the two combined?

	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id JAA18242
	for pups-liszt; Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:14:39 +1100 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)