[pups] AVIV vs. DigiData tape controller

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Mon Mar 19 20:01:30 AEST 2001

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Gregory R. Travis wrote:

> Can someone enlighten me regarding DEC SDI cabling?  Here's
> what I have:

You got it right by the end. You need a third external cable.
The SDI-cables are always crossed, which means you always need an odd
number of cables.

Where to get the cables? COMPAQ if you can pay for them. Other sites that
are throwing out their stuff if you definitely don't want to pay. Some
dealer in used equipment is a third alternative. Ask anywhere where you
might expect to find SDI disks.

I wouldn't try to build that cable...

	Johnny

                                  ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt at update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id EAA99856
	for pups-liszt; Tue, 20 Mar 2001 04:01:39 +1100 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)