[pups] Disk query on Ultrix 3.1

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Sat Mar 24 08:43:20 AEST 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Fred N. van Kempen wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> > Which disk should I tell the Ultrix installation I have to get the best
> from
> > my setup.  I made an 'educated' guess of RA81 for the moment, and that
> > works.
> Ultrix will think it is an RA81, most likely.  The controller will be seen
> as
> either an RQDX3 (MFM QBUS) or an UDA50 (MFM Unibus).  Never tried that, 'cos
> the
> controller is still on my "todo shelf".  Drives attached to either will
> report
> as RAxx'es...

Actually, the UDA-50 isn't MFM, it's SDI. The QBUS equivalent is the
KDA-50.

There is no MFM controller for Unibus. That is, no equivalent of the RQDXn
exists for Unibus.

Disks on the RQDXn reports as RDxx or RXxx, while disks on the [KU]DA-50
reports as RAxx (from a hardware point of view). They're both MSCP
controllers though.

	Johnny

                                  ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt at update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id LAA59471
	for pups-liszt; Sat, 24 Mar 2001 11:29:20 +1100 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)