[pups] It all works!!

Fred N. van Kempen Fred.van.Kempen at microwalt.nl
Tue Aug 27 21:54:44 AEST 2002

Ian King wrote:

> > I suggest you now find a multi-port beer card, insert that into a
free
> > slot, add /dev/beer to the kernel, and abuse it lots... :)
> >
> > (rumor is, that 2.9bsd has much more space available for /dev/beer
> > buffers, though, so if 2.11 doesn't allow enough of it, just take
the
> > plunge and downgrade to 2.9... ;-)
> > Should he implement uubp?
Well, that's kinda store-and-forward.  A bit dated, innit?  Why
not go the modern way and go straight for the splattering-type
mbdp?  For those who dunno: Multicast Beer Distribution Protocol.

One catch... given the kind of stuff we want distributed, we'd better
not have any (memory and/or session) leaks...

--f