[TUHS] Re: TUHS digest, Vol 1 #71 - 2 msgs

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Thu Aug 29 20:27:25 AEST 2002

Sokolov wrote:

> Johnny Billquist <bqt at update.uu.se> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to figure out a way of getting the MSCP driver from Ultrix
> > available for porting to NetBSD.
>
> I don't support NetBSD, but Ultrix' MSCP/SCA code is available to everyone.

I know you don't support it. :-)

> > The problem is that it's (c) by Digital, now HP.
>
> It is a problem only if you choose to honor copyright laws. Since that is your
> personal voluntary choice, it is your problem.

Yes, and it's *that* problem I'm looking for a solution to.

> > Could I be lucky enough that Ultrix actually have been released?
> > And I'm talking Ultrix-32 here, not Ultrix-11.
>
> The International Free Computing Task Force has freed the Ultrix-32 V2.00 and
> V4.20 sources. They can be found on our FTP site in

Freed as in "legally freed", or just "made available".

> ivan.Harhan.ORG:/pub/UNIX/thirdparty/Ultrix-32

harhan.org don't exist from where my dns is looking... :-/
Another machine I have access to managed to resolve ivan.harhan.org to
208.221.139.1, but there is no response at that address.

However, if it is just the sources, and not some legal notes available,
then I don't need to go there.

	Johnny

email: bqt at update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books