[pups] missing space in 2.11_rp_unknown

Christian Groessler cpg at aladdin.de
Mon Feb 25 21:57:21 AEST 2002

Hi,

On 02/22/2002 07:31:49 PM PST "Steven M. Schultz" wrote:

>> From: Christian Groessler <cpg at aladdin.de>
>> I'm running above image with the p11 emulator, and the root partition
>> is almost full.
>>
>> # df
>> Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
>> root             7816     7030      786    10%    /
>>
>> but looking at files, I only see 2MB+ in use:
>>
>> # du -s /
>> 2702
>
>	I see Greg mentioned running fsck.   That sounds like an excellent
>	suggestion.

Yes, but it didn't help :-(
What can this be?

I tried something else, I copied the contents of the root fs
elsewhere, newfs'd the root partition and copied the contents back.

But now booting stops when it normally starts init,

-------------
: unix
Boot: bootdev=05010 bootcsr=0176700

2.11 BSD UNIX #1: Fri Feb 15 18:47:18 PST 2002
    chris at pdp11:/usr/src/sys/PDP11CPG

attaching qe0 csr 174440
qe0: DEC DEQNA addr 08:00:2b:07:82:6c
attaching lo0

phys mem  = 2097152
avail mem = 1647872
user mem  = 307200

... and here it hangs. Do I have to consider something else when I
newfs the root partition?

regards,
chris