[pups] lcc (was: GCC)

Bill Gunshannon bill at cs.scranton.edu
Mon Jan 21 01:47:11 AEST 2002

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, emanuel stiebler wrote:

> Please have a look at :
>
> http://www.cs.princeton.edu/software/lcc/
>
> > and is it legal to use it on the sorts of systems
> > that we play with?.
>
> The copyright is with Addison-Wesley. However, few companies bought the
> right
> to use it. No idea about the price, and whom to ask at Addison-Wesley

And one other note.  I had the department secretary request a copy of
the book for me back before Christmas.  They said it would ship around
2 January.  When it hadn't shown up by the middle of the month I asked
her to check with our book rep again.  This time they told her it was
out of print and there was no idea when or even if it would be printed
again.  :-(

On another note, as long as we're talking compilers and PDP's, one of
profs here was cleaning his office and found documentation for WATBOL
on the PDP-11.  This reminded me that Waterloo had done a lot of things
for older systems like the PDP.  I wonder what the chances are someone
there could be found who would be willing/able to release this older
stuff under something like the BSD license so it could be used for
other projects??

bill

bill at cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |