[TUHS] Distributions directory and UCB, and missing ftp site

Gregg C Levine drwho8 at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 9 06:32:12 AEST 2002

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Folks, I've got a question here.
What happened to the ftp site mentioned in this Readme file? I'll post it
here, in its entirety, with the reference in question highlighted. Quoted
Readme there:
"The directories 2.9BSD and 2.11BSD contain these UNIX distributions, and "
"were supplied by Steven Schultz. They contain a full distribution,
including "
"installation tape images.
"
"
"
"The remaining gzipped tar files are other 2BSD distributions supplied by"
"Keith Bostic, except for spencer_2bsd.tar.gz which came from Henry
Spencer."
"They do not contain installation tape images. The 2.9BSD-Patch directory"
"contains patches to 2.9BSD dated August 85, and again supplied by Keith
Bostic."
"
"
"Note that Steven Schultz is still maintaining 2.11BSD, fixing bugs and
making"
"improvements. The patches required to bring this archive version of
2.11BSD"
"up to the current patch level can be obtained via anonymous ftp to"
"ftp.iipo.gtegsc.com in the directory /pub/2.11BSD"
I have tried connecting to it, and my client tells me it does not exist. But
I've seen Steve's message, on my earlier question, so I know he's here.
Steve, are you continuing the work described in the file? And can you get
back to me, via a private message. Warren both replies are valid.
Gregg C Levine drwho8 at worldnet.att.net
"How many floors does this TARDIS of yours have, anyway?"
P.S. Thanks to everyone for getting back to me so quickly on that issue
regarding our old friend, and the historical items here.