[pups] bsd2.11 kernel compile

joseph lang langj at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 19 10:42:00 AEST 2002

Thank you for your quick and accurate answers.

My "junk-box" 11 (jb11.notms.net) is happy and
on my local network.

For those of you who may be interested the system is built
entirely from scrap..

The CPU is from a Decserver 550. It's a j11 (18mhz.) with
1.5 meg of ram. and pdp11/53 proms. I bought the RQDX3 on
E-bay. The disk drive was from My ever decreasing pile of
MFM drives (rd32)
The chassis is home built. (stop laughing it looks pretty
good ;-) The power supply is an open frame switcher from a
local electronics scrap dealer. I wire-wrapped the power-on
reset and line time clock generator circuits. The boards
are in a H-9270 (Q-18) backplane with additional lines
wrapped to make it Q-22.

It sounds like a real kludge! Anybody got a spare BA23? ;-)

I loaded the root filesystem with vtserver. Thanks Warren!
VTC and vtserver were used to load /usr. I had to strip
a lot of stuff from /usr to get it to fit on a single
drive. (games doc ingres and man pages)

# df
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/ra0a        9842     2952     6890    30%    /
/dev/ra0c       26084    14966    11118    57%    /usr

As soon as I build a copy of Chuck Dickman's ATA board
I'll load up everything.

joe lang