[pups] MSCP Initialization

Chuck Dickman chd_1 at nktelco.net
Fri Mar 22 11:22:17 AEST 2002

I am trying to get a KFQSA to work with 2.11BSD on a pdp-11. It always
fails with an error in the SA register during the transition between
STEP 3 and STEP 4 of the initialization sequence.

The SA register ends up with the value 101513. The error bit is set and
I think that the rest is an error code. I can't find a reference to
describe these error codes.

An RQDX3 and a CQD-223 in the same machine initialize fine. The KFQSA
initializes in an MVIII using NetBSD 1.5.

I have looked over the initialization code from NetBSD, Ultrix-32,
4.4BSD, Ultrix-11, and 2.11BSD. The values being sent, are all very
similar. One difference is that the VAXen OS use polling during the
init, and the pdp-11 code uses interrupts.

Any suggestions or comments about the MSCP 4 step init and how it works
on the KFQSA?

A pointer to error code reference would be great too.

-chuck