[pups] Looking for binary distribution of v7

Mario Premke Mario.Premke at epost.de
Sun Nov 17 08:23:30 AEST 2002

Hello Gregg, thanks for your immediate response !
I recently found the article 'Booting 7th Edition UNIX Images' on the
'vmsnet.pdp-11'-Newsgroups:

<--- SNIP --->

ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/sim/sources/
ftp://minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au/pub/PDP-11-sims/Supnik_2.2d/sources/

Once you get it, you have to compile the simulator. You also need to fetch
the 7th Edition UNIX disk images as well; they are available from the above
ftp sites in the software directory (i.e replace sources with software.
Unpack
the 7th Edition tarball in the same directory as the one you built the
simulator. The only file you require is disks/unix_v7_rl.dsk

What I wanted to say is that the above ftp-links are dead. You are right, I
should
look for the compressed tarball, but I don't know how the tarball is called
and
looking for 'unix_v7_rl.dsk' on google only leads to other dead links ...
Any hints ?
Mario Premke