[TUHS] license

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Mon Nov 4 15:49:07 AEST 2002

Marco Robado <mar.roba at videotron.ca> wrote:

> I would like
> to give examples of a license on which the source of a software was
> delivered in the 70's.

I have the paper license for System V issued by AT&T to Case Western Reserve
University, the famous UNIX source license. I have it buried somewhere in my
papers. If you want it, I can dig it up and fax or snail-mail you a copy.
(Sorry, no scanning. I use the computing technology from the days in question
exclusively.)

> For BSD I  found in the
> source of 2.11BSD a reference to "The Berkeley software license
> Agreement"

Yep, same for 4BSD.

> but I don't have a copy of that document.

I don't either.

MS