[TUHS] Re: Making boot disks

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Tue Oct 1 09:59:02 AEST 2002

On Tuesday,  1 October 2002 at  9:39:04 +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I found some ufs code in the HURD source, and VERY crudely hacked it. It
> creates filesystems that linux can mount, but it crashed trying to write
> big files to it (doh!)

Well, it would be nice to know what you're really trying to do.
What's the hardware?  If the file system is UFS, it's unlikely to be a
good fit for Linux.  I'd say "try FreeBSD", but without knowing more
about your software and hardware, it's not clear if that would be any
better.  Google suggests that it runs on ARMs.  Is that correct?

> any advice from the list would be appreciated :)

In that case you should copy us.

Greg
--
Finger grog at lemis.com for PGP public key