[TUHS] Re: [pups] Re: vaxstation

Jochen Kunz jkunz at maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Oct 1 19:07:54 AEST 2002

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 07:43:27AM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:

> > I may be getting a Vaxstation soon.  I don't think is one of
> > the ones supported by Linux yet.
> > Richard Snow
> PUPS is mainly for PDP-11s, TUHS is for other old boxen that run Unix.
AFAIK the only "old" unix that runs on a VAXstation is Ultrix.
None of the CSRG BSD releases runs on (non-QBus) VAXstations.
If you want a "new" Unix on your VAXstation, go with NetBSD:
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/vax/
(I think Linux will never run well on VAXen. OpenBSD/vax works,
but still needs some improvement.)

And don't forget: There is always the dark side of the force: VMS. ;-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen