[TUHS] C reference manual

Aharon Robbins arnold at skeeve.com
Fri Oct 18 00:19:12 AEST 2002

If anyone has one of the SCO Ancient Unix licenses and a copy of the
archive that went with it, then they legally have the source to System
III.  If such a person extracts sys3.tar.gz and looks in usr/src/man/docs
they'll find a file named `c_man' with the actual manual in it.  I quote:

	.SH "1.  INTRODUCTION"
	.PP
	This manual
	.FS
	.ps +1
	\(dg This manual is reprinted, with minor changes, from
	.I "The C Programming Language"
	by Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie,
	Prentice Hall, Inc., 1978.
	.ps
	.FE
	describes the C language

What the legalities are of redistributing this, and/or generating
postscript from it, are, I don't know.  Similar questions apply
to scanning in the ref man from a copy of K&R-I, which is now
out of print. (I wish Caldera had included System III in their
releasing of Ancient Unix. Sigh.)

I hope this helps, some.

Arnold

P.S. Completely unrelated, but I find it really cool how much of
the System III doc refers to C and Unix on the System/370...