[TUHS] Re: TUHS digest, Vol 1 #71 - 2 msgs

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Sun Sep 8 13:20:40 AEST 2002

On Wednesday,  4 September 2002 at 14:06:01 -0700, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Johnny Billquist <bqt at update.uu.se> wrote:
>
>>> It is a problem only if you choose to honor copyright laws. Since that is
>>> your personal voluntary choice, it is your problem.
>>
>> Yes, and it's *that* problem I'm looking for a solution to.
>
> But since you've created that problem for yourself by your own
> voluntary choice to honor copyrights, you shouldn't be asking others
> for a solution.

In most countries of the world, including the ones all of us live in,
you don't have a choice whether to honour copyright law.  If you do
not honour copyrights, you're breaking the law.  In many countries,
even encouraging people to break the law is a crime.  If you choose to
live in such a society, the least you can do is adapt to it, no matter
how ridiculous you may consider it.  I would certainly be a lot
happier if you stopped this kind of behaviour in public.

Greg
--
Finger grog at lemis.com for PGP public key