[TUHS] LoC now involved with saving digital history

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Tue Feb 25 10:03:38 AEST 2003

On Thursday, 20 February 2003 at  9:02:28 +1100, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2003-Feb-19 19:47:21 +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at lemis.com> wrote:
>> You know that TUHS is based in Australia, right?  "Federal" has a
>> different meaning here.  Of course, there's a possibility that the
>> Australian government would be interested.  I'll investigate.
>
> Not that great a difference.  Both Oz and the US have a very similar
> Federal/state structure.  Getting US Federal funding for an Oz site
> is unlikely (but the LoC is going to need to work out how to handle
> the fact that the Internet doesn't acknowledge national boundaries
> and some of the information it needs to archive won't be in the US).

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  In America, "Federal" refers to the American
federal government.  Here it refers to the Australian federal
government.  Thus, the funds that the original poster mentioned
would probably not be available.

Greg
--
Finger grog at lemis.com for PGP public key
Please note: we block mail from major spammers, notably yahoo.com.