[TUHS] This is too weird

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Wed Jun 11 16:18:56 AEST 2003

On Wednesday, 11 June 2003 at  8:10:10 +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
> -On [20030611 03:46], Greg Lehey (grog at lemis.com) wrote:
>> I think that that was a slip of the tongue.  At any rate, I don't
>> think they have any intention of suing Linus.  Maybe it's part of a
>> FUD campaign.
>
> Not sure if you guys noticed that, but they pulled Caldera Linux off of
> their FTP site.

Definitely.  They made a statement about it with the claim that they
can't justify distributing it.  My take is that they weren't making
any money with it.

> I seriously wonder if there are any normal people with a sane mind
> there at SCO.

I'm sure most are.  But they don't want to get fired.

> I mean, it is so different from their previous antics in which they
> even allowed the old source code of the Unixes without any problems.

Indeed.  I have an ongoing analysis page at
http://www.lemis.com/grog/sco.html which addresses most of these
issues.

Greg
--