[TUHS] My response to SCO vs. Linux

zmkm zmkm new_zmkm at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 21:31:52 AEST 2003

Michael

I don’t agree with you on this , your complain about linux is unfair , on
the contrary to many unixers especially the new generation of hackers and
new unix users even those users fed up with Microsoft gimmicks , linux was
miracle touch that helped to re energize the otherwise stale unix market ,
simply look at the market today which operating system has grown beyond any
expectations ? . Another thing , in the days of corporate greed and bullying
a-la-microsoft way, linux played a significant role to cement the open
source movement.

Good old dear BSD , where is it ?? still fighting a niche turf , why it
didn’t burst in the open ? , it’s troubles doesn’t have anything to do with
linux it’s been there way before linux surfaced. I will not go into this
flame war which is better BSD or Linux because both are dear to me and each
has its own strong points and weaknesses .

Finally , this whole nonsense from SCO wouldn't be there if SCO had any good
products to offer or enjoying good revenue , so this law suite shows how
desperate SCO is sinking in the red and using this law suite to float itself
again .

Love it or hate it linux is here to stay J .

preparing for eventual flame war ,

automatic sprinkler = check
fire extinguishers = check
fire fighting water hose  = check