[TUHS] My response to SCO vs. Linux

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Wed Jun 11 16:03:53 AEST 2003

-On [20030611 03:39], Michael Sokolov (msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG) wrote:
>So if anything good comes out of this lawsuit it's that maybe, just maybe, BSD
>will finally get some attention and use over Linux. The Free Computing
>community doesn't have to suffer any loss whatsoever if SCO wins, we can
>instead just switch from Linux to the much better True UNIX, which is just as
>free but a lot more solid, mature, and True. And stick it to SCO and laugh
>diabolically at how they voluntarily made UNIX free without us having to seize
>it by force in a revolution.

That's what I have been wondering about as well, it feels like the AT&T
versus the Regents of the University of Berkeley all over again.

But I'll stick to Free/Net/OpenBSD on slightly less archaic machines
though. ;)

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / a capoeirista
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B