[TUHS] I knew that penguin couldn't be trusted

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Tue Jun 17 19:03:00 AEST 2003

If you believe Mr Sontag's words of course.

I sincerely wonder what kind of medication the guy is using.

http://www.byte.com/documents/s=8276/byt1055784622054/0616_marshall.html

Best part:

At this point I started to think about the public interest and about
restrictive monopolies laws. It was almost as though Sontag was reading
my mind.and yes, SCO has that base covered too.

I listened to how IBM has bypassed U.S. export controls with Linux. How
"Syria and Libya and North Korea" are all building supercomputers with
Linux and inexpensive Intel hardware, in violation of U.S. export
control laws. These laws would normally restrict export of technologies
such as JFS, NUMA, RCU, and SMP.and, (I was waiting for this)
"encryption technologies." "We know that is occurring in Syria," I
heard, even though my mind was fogging over at this point.

"So are you saying that the U.S. government might file a "Friend of the
Court Brief" to support your case against IBM?" I blurted out. "Don't be
surprised" was Sontag's answer.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / a capoeirista
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B