[TUHS] Installing SysIII on simh?

Andru Luvisi luvisi at andru.sonoma.edu
Sat Jun 21 04:21:34 AEST 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, zmkm zmkm wrote:

> Andu
>
> wouldn't be easier to load it through dsk (I mean download the complete tar
> and make a dsk out of it) .

I'm not clear on what you mean by this.  Here is how I was planning to do
the install:

 1) Boot from tape
 2) Install miniroot on disk
 3) Boot from disk
 4) Untar rest of installation onto disk from tar tape file

The instructions in usr/src/man/docs/setup (in the tar file) talk about
using cpio and cpio format tape files instead of tar, but all I have is a
tar file.

I have not managed to finish step 3.

Andru
--
Andru Luvisi, Programmer/Analyst

Quote Of The Moment:
  Appel's method avoids making a large number of small trampoline bounces
  by occasionally jumping off the Empire State Building.
                  -- Henry G. Baker, "Cheney on the M.T.A."