[TUHS] V7 UNIX on VAX 11/750

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 27 11:00:33 AEST 2003

Hello again from Gregg C Levine
Don't go getting your panties in a twist, Norman, (to quote an old
friend.), I did look before completing the posting. And yes it did say
that. I have here a personal edition of the C book, (I bought it,
because I wanted to have the thing here when I did work in the
language, and needed to double check a reference.).

I have out a copy of the book that John is kvetching about from my
local library. I checked that one, and it strangely enough agrees with
what you're saying, and with John too. I find it, ah, logical, that
the guys would use a Mergenthaler Linotron 202 typesetter for their
print runs. Actually the word is imagesetter. But that term will do.
As I recall you worked there for a while, and do know what you're
talking about, so I'm not going to indulge myself in a flame war.
Besides I've actually done enough typesetting so as to be able to
argue the point with the bit brains at Adobe, so I'll even agree with
you now.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi