[pups] Progress on 2.11BSD kernel

David Evans dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 20 03:46:18 AEST 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 09:36:58AM -0800, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> > PS: I'm really glad I followed the advice to copy my old (GENERIC) kernel
> > image to 'oldunix' - so I can still boot!
>
> 	Ah, glad to hear that the advice came in handy.

  This came in handy for me too when I went the route of messed up MAXUSERS
screwage.

> The other thing
> 	that comes in useful is a bootable Zip disk (complete 2BSD system
> 	fits on a Zip disk if one has a SCSI adaptor around) - came in handy
> 	when I corrupted/broke 'init' ...

  I should track down the half-bezel so that I can mount this SCSI Zip drive I
have in my BA123.  That would look so weird...

  On another note, were there any SCSI adapters that made use of the BA23/
BA123 RD disk control buttons?  Would be nifty to swap in a new ra0 by
simply taking a disk offline/online.

David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer/Synth Junkie     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual