[pups] Progress on 2.11BSD kernel

David Evans dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 20 04:08:16 AEST 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 09:51:10AM -0800, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> Howdy -
>
> > From: David Evans <dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
> > This came in handy for me too when I went the route of messed up MAXUSERS
> > screwage.
>
> 	That'll do it too ;)

  Fortunately /vmunix & /oldvmunix is a familiar procedure from back in
my PMAX device driver hacking days.

> >   On another note, were there any SCSI adapters that made use of the BA23/
> > BA123 RD disk control buttons?  Would be nifty to swap in a new ra0 by
> > simply taking a disk offline/online.
>
> 	Hmmm, those buttons/cabling are for RD/MSCP devices - not sure if it's
> 	possible to use them with SCSI devices.

  I was thinking of a SCSI adapter that plugged into the bulkhead somehow.
This is plainly rediculous, but a nifty idea nontheless.

David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer/Synth Junkie     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual