[pups] Progress on 2.11BSD kernel

David Evans dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 20 05:30:48 AEST 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 11:09:58AM -0800, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> 	It really doesn't - not having UMRs to deal with is a Nice Thing about
> 	the Qbus ;)   The kernel (and the standalone utilities of course)
> 	need to know if they're on a U or Q-bus system but once a Q system
> 	is found then the UMR handling is bypassed.

  OK.  From what I recall (that turned-off machine again...) the entire
discussion on tuning MAXUSERS and friends is based on allocation of UMRs.
Might be a good idea to slip in a note about what to do when you don't have
them.

David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer/Synth Junkie     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual