[TUHS] Russian Ancient UNIX stuff in the Archive

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Wed Mar 19 06:25:30 AEST 2003

Sven Mascheck <sven.mascheck at student.uni-ulm.de> wrote:

> Then the following might be an option, /UnixArchive/Applications/Ritter_Vi/
>
> "This is basically ex/vi 3.7, 6/7/85, from the 2.11BSD distribution"
> "A larger addition is the ability to handle ISO character sets."
>
> (recent development continued on <http://ex-vi.berlios.de/>)

Where can I get the early versions of this effort?
http://ex-vi.berlios.de/Changes lists at the very bottom:

: Release 31/05/00
: * String extraction using mkstr and xstr is not longer be done.
: * An ANSI C preprocessor may be used.
: * Changes of symbol names due to collisions on newer systems.
: * Fixed a null pointer reference in ex_tty.c.
: * Included the 2.11BSD termcap in a subdirectory. Ex could use any
:   termcap library, however, that does not use malloc().
: * Support of eight bit characters excluding the range 0200 to 0237 is
:   enabled with -DISO8859_1. It does not include the regular expression code,
:   but otherwise works well in practice with the ISO-8859-1 character set.

And all the newer stuff up to late 2002 is porting to "modern UNIX". But I
don't want "modern UNIX", I'm running the original UNIX in its virgin form, I
just want the 8-bit fix. The only files downloadable from ex-vi.berlios.de are
2002 releases and in the UNIX Archive Applications/Ritter_Vi contains only a
tiny README file pointing to http://ex-vi.berlios.de/. Where are the old 2000
versions?

MS