[pups] ACMS (Australian 'puter museum) doomed?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Nov 13 18:43:34 AEST 2003

On 2003.11.13 00:06 Johnny Billquist wrote:

> Not to demean that effort, but don't the Germans have a Z4 still
> working in a museum? That would mean something like 1942.
1942 would be the Z3, the first computer ever. The Z3 that is in the
Deutsches Museum is AFAIK a rebuild of the original one. (Rebuild under
the supervision of Konrad Zuse himself.) I don't know if the Z4 is still
around. Google for "Konrad Zuse" and / or his son "Horst Zuse". Horst
Zuse has put much effort in documenting the work of his father.

I know that there is a Zuse Z23 in Karlsruhe. It was build in 1956,
based on electron tubes, core and drum memory and it is still fully
functional!
--

tschüß,
       Jochen