old SunOS (was Re: Heritage X (was Re: [TUHS] Lauch Gui using remote xterm!!))

Kenneth Stailey kstailey at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 09:02:37 AEST 2003

--- Brad Spencer <brad at anduin.eldar.org> wrote:

> [snip]
>
>    Does anyone have suggestions where to get SunOS for a sun2?
>
> [snip]
>

> While you are looking for a copy, you can try NetBSD/sun2.

Hmm. I started out wanting to run X11 on a Sun3.  How did I end up here?

I have a Sun3.  I have installed various NetBSD versions.  I found that only
1.3 supports X11.  Others initialize to the point of drawing the stipple
background halfway down the screen and then coredump.  Pro'lly segfault.

I was interested in running real SunOS on my real Sun3 and found it was
available for no cost.

Warren asked about a Sun3 emulator and I found a Sun2 one.  I was hoping to do
trial SunOS installations on an emulator but it appears I'm ahead of my time.
:)