[TUHS] SCO reveals major UNIXT IP violations

Andreas Krennmair ak at synflood.at
Fri Nov 21 08:01:08 AEST 2003

* Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net> [03-11-20 22:48]:
> Kenneth, doesn't that mean, that their case can be closed, because
> they themselves are the guilty party? Caldera was bought by SCO. Why,

No, Caldera bought SCO, and then renamed itself to "The SCO Group".

> products. I'd laugh at their stupidity, but its not worth laughing at.

They are definitely not stupid. They exactly know what they're doing.
IMHO they are one of the great masters of FUD, besides Microsoft.

In Europe, SCO was practically shut down. They can't say anything about
the claimed "IP theft"[0] in the Linux source code without getting fined
with EUR 250000 (about US-$ 297500). And they were already fined twice.
I don't understand why people in the US can't do this. In principle, the
laws aren't too different, after all.

Regards,
Andreas Krennmair
[0]: a good friend of mine, a lawyer, told me, that there's a standard
     book about European copyright/author's right, saying that the
     so-called "intellectual property" is nothing more than a "confusion
     of legislation theory" (kludgy translation, I hope you understand
     it), i.e. law experts and lawyers that don't make money out of IP
     lawsuits find the whole IP thing more than ridiculous.