[TUHS] Re: 4.3 BSD version in the Unix Archive

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Wed Oct 1 13:13:43 AEST 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Markus Weber wrote:

> I wasn't even aware that Slackware had rpm... If you send me a typescript of
> the build attempt, I can have a look. The version of rpm itself would also
> help.

If worse comes to worse the Linux utility alien will convert debs, rpms
and .tgz files into each other.  Thanks to the Linux Standards Base the
resulting file is _usually_ pretty ok for installation (a bit of munging
may be required, add salt to taste).

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org, zzbrock at uqconnect.net