[TUHS] Re: 4.3 BSD version in the Unix Archive

Markus Weber jmbw at nather.com
Wed Oct 1 12:46:46 AEST 2003

I wasn't even aware that Slackware had rpm... If you send me a typescript of
the build attempt, I can have a look. The version of rpm itself would also
help.

If you mean that the pre-installed system is slow, all I can say is that in
my environment all the BSDs perform well enough for light interactive use,
but running a compiler is not fun. OpenBSD/Vax takes about four hours to
recompile the generic kernel on a dual-1Ghz PIII. BTW, does NetBSD
outperform Quasijarus on real hardware? I suggest, however, to take the
performance analyis offlist and post the results at a later date.