[TUHS] Re: 4.3 BSD version in the Unix Archive

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Thu Oct 2 00:39:31 AEST 2003

Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de> wrote:

> The thing with NetBSD is that you get a modern *ix like OS complete with
> ssh etc. and features like mmap(2) that 4.3BSD-Tahoe doesn't have.

Just a nitpick, but ssh is available for 4.3BSD-Quasijarus, look for it in:

ifctfvax.Harhan.ORG:/pub/unix/apps/

But yes, NetBSD is a "modern *ix", not UNIX, which is why I can't stand it.  My
love for UNIX as opposed to "modern *ix"'s is what made me create and run
4.3BSD-Quasijarus.  Since I use it as my sole and only OS for my real world
computing needs, not a hobby, I have everything for it that one needs in
everyday life, including ssh, httpd, Russian support, PostScript support, PPP
support, etc.  But it's still pure 4.3BSD as all of the latter are just user
applications.

MS