[TUHS] Re: 4.3 BSD version in the Unix Archive

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Oct 3 01:48:11 AEST 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Michael Sokolov wrote:

> But yes, NetBSD is a "modern *ix", not UNIX, which is why I can't stand it.  My

The last thing I want to do is start a "flavour war" but I really am
interested in why you don't like "modern *ix" as opposed to say 4.3BSD
(which you mention later).

For reference I'm probably a youngin relative to alot on this list.  My
first unix was SunOS 4.1.3 in 1992 but much of my experience has been as
an admin for Solaris and Linux.  I've had smaller amounts of experience
with Free/NetBSD, SCO Openserver and AIX.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org, zzbrock at uqconnect.net