[TUHS] While on the subject of 32V ...

Pat Villani Pat.Villani at hp.com
Wed Oct 22 00:00:31 AEST 2003

Wesley Parish wrote:
> I tried the same with a few of the utilities and a make with the kernel files.

Having come to HP from DEC by way of Compaq, vax isn't that challenging
for me.  :)

I did not try compiling the utilities.  My interests have always been at
the kernel level.  I am encouraged by the fact that you were able to
build the utilities.  This should make life a lot easier.

What I've done so far is split the files into vax specific and "somewhat
vax specific" platform neutral files.  This is just a first cut, where I
separated out things such as .s files and .c files that are vax
dependent, such as device drivers, from files that should be platform
neutral.

I did not go through the platform neutral files to correct for vax
dependencies, if any.  That's my next task.

I'll tar up what I have so far and put it on a web site for folks to
look at.

Pat