[TUHS] Lions book (was: Booting v6)

Peter Jeremy peter.jeremy at alcatel.com.au
Wed Apr 14 11:16:26 AEST 2004

On 2004-Apr-14 09:46:25 +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at lemis.com> wrote:
>On Tuesday, 13 April 2004 at 20:06:43 -0400, Tim Shoppa wrote:
>> [Lions book]
>>> Wow. Time to start Xeroxing it again...  :)
>>
>> Latex source to the book was posted to alt.folklore.computers circa
>> 1994.  I'm guessing that the poster (a "Leo") typed it in by hand
>> given the comments that came with the readme.
>
>Yes, that's the one I got.  From memory, the subject was "Leo's notes"
>and it was uuencoded or some such.  Strangely, not many people got it.

Google agrees that the subject was "Leo's notes" and it was posted in
7 uuencoded parts in mid-June 1994.  Unfortunately, Google doesn't
appear to have kept a copy of the posting (just the whinges about the
size).

I don't remember seeing it (I don't think I looked at AFC very often then)
and don't seem to have a copy.  I'd also be interested if anyone still
has a copy.

--
Peter Jeremy