[TUHS] Lions book (was: Booting v6)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Wed Apr 14 13:01:13 AEST 2004

On Wednesday, 14 April 2004 at 11:16:26 +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2004-Apr-14 09:46:25 +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at lemis.com> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 13 April 2004 at 20:06:43 -0400, Tim Shoppa wrote:
>>> [Lions book]
>>>
>>> Latex source to the book was posted to alt.folklore.computers circa
>>> 1994.  I'm guessing that the poster (a "Leo") typed it in by hand
>>> given the comments that came with the readme.
>>
>> Yes, that's the one I got.  From memory, the subject was "Leo's notes"
>> and it was uuencoded or some such.  Strangely, not many people got it.
>
> Google agrees that the subject was "Leo's notes" and it was posted in
> 7 uuencoded parts in mid-June 1994.

I didn't recall that it was that many.  Unfortunately, I didn't retain
the original articles.  Google appears to be wrong about the date,
though: my copy is dated May 19, 1994.

> I don't remember seeing it (I don't think I looked at AFC very often
> then) and don't seem to have a copy.  I'd also be interested if
> anyone still has a copy.

Yes, I've found it now and put it up in multiple formats at
http://www.lemis.com/grog/Documentation/Lions/.  Enjoy!

Greg
--
Note: I discard all HTML mail unseen.