[TUHS] Location of a Coherent distribution?

Paul Ward asmodai at ao.mine.nu
Thu Feb 5 18:35:59 AEST 2004

Hello Cornelius,

CK> Yikes, that what happens while typing in a decaf'd state.
CK> Sorry about the mixup, it's 20MB, not 2G.

>> I've put everything I've been sent or have found up at
>> http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Other/Coherent/

CK> Hmm... mine's pretty much the same as the things underneath
CK> .../Coherent1, so that's already all there. The header files
CK> can be found at the usual place after installing the base,
CK> and optionally the kernel source. To get to the contents, one
CK> would need a fairly conservatively equipped PC ((34)86, 16MB,
CK> AHA1542C*, or IDE controller with a not too large disk), and
CK> another machine, running some recent *BSD/Linux/Solaris, to
CK> then install the goodies on the former, set up a UUCP connection
CK> to the latter, to get the stuff distributed in it's unpacked
CK> form, because, AFAIK, MWC never got around to implement any
CK> decent IP stack.

Yes, seems that we all gave Warren the same thing.

I've had 4.2.10 running on a box for a while now - not done a thing
with it yet re network stack.

Photos of the box in "action".

http://ao.mine.nu/Pics/MVC-537F.JPG
http://ao.mine.nu/Pics/MVC-538F.JPG
http://ao.mine.nu/Pics/MVC-539F.JPG

There is a TCP/IP stack floating round for Coherent (I have Tulip and
NE2000 drivers for it), but I forget where to obtain it now.  If I
locate it, I'll upload it for Warren to add.

Incidentally, there is also no virtual memory support with 4.2.10.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:asmodai at ao.mine.nu