[TUHS] Re: TUHS Digest, Vol 9, Issue 7

Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com
Sun Feb 29 12:26:45 AEST 2004

This is a sort of lame message but I'm having a sort of lame day, dealing
with some lame people who created some lame problems and I'm sick of lame.

OK, enough with the whining already.  The good part is that I got a
message from this list.  I am on a zillion mailing listings, I've been
around since the arpa net had 11 IMPs, and long enough before that that I
wacked pathalias.  I witnessed first hand the first posting of

			  +-------------------+
			   \ WARNING: Morons /
			     \ next hundred /
			       \ postings /
				\  !!!!  /
				 \      /
				  \    /
				    \/

back in the days where netnews was how we communicated and virtually everyone
on news had a PhD or a Masters or was headed there (those were the days, eh?).

I love getting mail from this list, it brightens up my day.  After a day of
nothing but cleaning up other people's messes, people who work for me and
should know better, I was in a foul mood.  Really foul.  And then some mail
from this list showed up and it just changed my whole day.  Not because the
mail was that uplifting but because it is a connection to my past, back
when I used to argue with Guy Harris and thought I was right, back when
all I wanted was to work at Sun.

I really like this list, it's bright spot, but I wished you people were
a little more vocal.  Maybe it's just me but I wonder if I'm really the
only one who revels in the past a bit...  Maybe I need to get out more :)
--
---
Larry McVoy                lm at bitmover.com           http://www.bitkeeper.com