[TUHS] is learn(1) free now?

Seth Morabito sethm at loomcom.com
Sun Jan 4 05:27:48 AEST 2004

On Jan 2, 2004, at 8:53 PM, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Here is the acid test: time-teleport a V7 user from 1979 to a VAX
> running
> 4.3BSD, set PATH=/bin:/usr/bin (no /usr/ucb), do stty old (old tty
> driver) and
> stty ek (erase # kill @) and see if he feels at home or not.

I suspect they would be horrified that more progress hadn't been made
in computing environments in the last 25 years :)

In 1979, I was pretty excited when I thought about what computers could
be like in the early 2000s.  We all love to preserve history, but
there's something to be said for moving on and creating something new
as well.

-Seth