[TUHS] Sys III - Yet Again

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jan 26 19:46:20 AEST 2004

I just thought of a reason _why_ Caldera was unable to clarify the status of
System III - if you look at the documents on Groklaw.net,
http://www.groklaw.net/staticpages/index.php?page=legal-docs

one of them's a document between Novell and SCO Original, where the System V
releases are enumerated.  Another is a similar document which mentions the
Ancient Unix and their manuals as being part of the deal.

Neither document that I can recall, mentions anything about System III - and
apparently Warren Toomey had to supply them with that, so it would appear
that System III is - quite literally - unclaimed by anyone, apart from its
copyright notices, and thus - since neither The SCO Group nor Novell has laid
claim to it in their copyright battle - it could well be considered Public
Domain.

Just a thought, and don't take my word for it.
--
Wesley Parish
* * *