[TUHS] TCP/IP implementations

patv at monmouth.com patv at monmouth.com
Tue Oct 5 23:41:22 AEST 2004

It's not a question of it being lost, but rather making sure it doesn't
become lost.  My first order of business is for the product that was the
reason for Manalapan's existence -- VAX System V.

The Manalapan, NJ site, after two mergers, is still today known as UNX
because of it initial charter to port AT&T Unix to VAX.  This dates back
to the old DEC days where all sites had a 3 character identifier.  I guess
someone was a private pilot and modeled it after airport designations.
Anyway, Manalapan was also frequently used as a hub in a lot of uucp
activity -- just look for UNXA in the path.

Enough history for today.

Pat